Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Viking Line Cruise Experience

Moi! Yesterday, I arrived back from our cruise to Stockholm and I have lots to tell. In addition to this post, I will be writing another about our day in Stockholm. First of all, we left Thursday evening from Helsinki on the Mariella Viking Line cruise ship. I've never been on a cruise before so it was an exciting experience!
On the top deck before take off in Helsinki

Beautiful view of Helsinki


After taking off on the Mariella, we passed Suomenlinna where we waved at some people. Always fun! Soon it got really cold and windy, so we headed to the Disco club, where we had some drinks. And, of course, I had my usual Coca-Cola Light. We waited there until it was time for dinner and soaked in the lovely view of the ocean.

 We want to disco!

 Walk Like An Egyptian
Inka and I

And the buffet was massive! We all ate so much and were very full by the time we were finished. Afterwards, we went to the Tax Free store on the ship and shopped there for some time. I bought some candy (Kinder Eggs for Kegan and Milky Way for my Mom) and a Finland plate. We put our items in our room and then we were ready to disco. We made our way there and hit the dance floor for a little bit until we decided to sit down. It was lots of fun!!
 Jungle Boogie

Mr. Piggy dancing with Emil

On top of dancing, we also watched people gamble and tried to collect some money from the machines, just in case anyone forgot theirs. It was close to midnight and we were exhausted. We had to wake up early in the morning and eat breakfast because we would be arriving in Stockholm at 9:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment