Monday, July 23, 2012

A Day in Stockholm

Stockholm is a wonderful place filled with many exciting places to see. Saturday morning, we woke up early to eat breakfast and prepare ourselves for our day in Sweden. We left the cruise ship at 9am and had to be back around 4pm. As we started making our way towards Gamla Stan, one thought was running through my head: I couldn't believe I was in Sweden! I had heard a lot about the country through my parents who had visited Stockholm a while back.
Posing w/ the Amusement Park in the background

Walking down the street
When we finally made it to Gamla Stan, I couldn't take my eyes off all the buildings. There is so much history there that you can just feel it. We searched some souvenir shops and also stopped by a 7-Eleven to get some drinks. I found Red Orange Orangina which I hadn't seen since I went to Slovakia two years ago.

We all posed w/ the lion!
We then found a spot to sit down and relax near the Royal Palace. Shortly after, we decided to walk around and look into some shops again because it was about to start raining. In fact, during our day there, there were many rain showers! Then after our escape from the rain, we went to see the Changing of the Guards at the Royal Palace. It started raining again while we watched the Swedish Navy Band march by as well as the soldiers, but that didn't stop us from seeing everything! Some people started leaving so we pushed our way to the front and got a perfect view.






In front of the Royal Palace
L to R: Emil, Inka, Me, and Nina

After the Changing of the Guards, we went looking for a place to eat because we were hungry. First, we thought McDonald's would be great, but we weren't exactly sure where it was. It also looked like it was about to start pouring (it didn't) and a huge clap of thunder scared me really badly- it sounded like a cannonball. I hate thunderstorms so I was a little antsy to get under cover. Walking in the old streets of Gamla Stan, we found a lovely Italian restaurant. It turned out to be really good!! I got a Margherita Pizza and I almost ate all of it.

Yummy!

But soon it was time to head back to the cruise ship, and our day in Tukholma was coming to an end. We walked all the way back (good exercise!) and made it in time so that we could go on the deck to watch the ship leave. We also enjoyed some ice cream and were prepared for another night of eating lots and lots of food at the bugget as well as last minute shopping at the Tax-Free store. My trip to Stockholm was absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to get back one day!







No comments:

Post a Comment