This weekend I had a great time at The Haapalainen's summer cottage in Kylämä, near Kuhmoinen, which is about two hours away from Kerava. We left Friday evening and were just in time to see an amazing view that night.
Also, before eating and going to sleep, Inka, Emil and I went swimming in the cold water. It was freezing! I'm too used to the warm temperatures of the Gulf Coast. I only stepped in the water until my knees and then just splashed water over myself so I could go into the sauna. While making several trips to the sauna and then back to the water, we also went for a little ride on the inner tube. It was fun to just float there and relax. I literally could have fallen asleep in the inner tube. I know, I know, not safe, but it's true!
Sitting on the dock
Relaxing in the Inner Tube
Freezing cold water!
Just keep swimming..
On Saturday, we woke up late, probably around 11:30am, and had a late breakfast. Afterwards, Inka and Emil went swimming, while I just watched. I didn't want to go swimming right then because I knew how cold it was. I waited until the sauna was heated which was in the afternoon after a delicious lunch of smoked salmon. We swam, we sweated, and we definitely braved the cold waters of the lake. After a nice, long relaxing day, we finally went to bed quite late.
Then on Sunday morning, we woke up a bit earlier and were ready for our final day on the lake for the weekend. Inka and Emil went swimming again and I just watched for a little bit, until I decided that I should just jump in. Well, that definitely didn't happen! I walked up to the water to my waist and again just splashed water on myself. Then I headed off to the lovely sauna again. I can't tell you how much I love saunas- they are so amazing! We also got to go in the boat today. Jarkko, Inka and I went on a short trip to see some of the lake. Everything was so beautiful! When we got back, I even got to row the boat. It is definitely harder than it looks- I had some trouble with it, but in the end it was really fun!
Ready to get in the boat
Finally, in the evening, we were packed and ready to go, but not before we got lots of rain! And what completed our weekend getaway was a quick trip to an ABC for some ice cream. The summer cottage was an exciting experience- definitely, an adventure! I am looking forward to the next time we go to the summer cottage.
No comments:
Post a Comment