
What a day! I woke up around 10am today which is the latest I have gotten up so far in Finland. We ate some Finnish crepes this morning and watched some TV. Then we got hungry we went to the McDonald's in Kerava by bike. It is so great that you can use your bike to go anywhere you want to here. It is very different from Texas where everyone drives to close places. The weather has also been amazing! It is kuuma, but not as bad as it is in Texas during the summer (100 degrees Fahrenheit vs. 70 degress Fahrenheit). When we went to the McDonald's, I noticed that, yes, they are all basically the same worldwide, except for some in Eastern Europe (Slovakia and Hungary). Yet, they do have different kinds of items like the McFeast. Afterwards, Inka, Emil, and I went to the big store, Prisma. It is a little like Walmart, but a lot cleaner. We bought some ice cream and I had seen a specific one on a commercial that I wanted to try so I got that. Then we were on our way back to the house where we relaxed a little before we headed out again. The second time we biked around the city, we went to a grocery store and bought some sodas. I would have really liked a Coca-Cola Light, but they didn't have them, so I got a Coca-Cola Zero. We stood for a little while outside the store and drank. And then, finally, we decided it was time to go back home. When we arrived there, Nina was already home from work. So when we arrived back, we sat at the table and complained about the heat. We also looked at some of their family pictures from Finland and Thailand as well as some of Inka's cheer pictures. Then when Jarkko got home, it was time to prepare dinner. Today, Inka and I made Finnish meatballs- my first time kind of cooking here in Finland! Anyways, the meatballs went in the oven, and we waited for dinner to be served. It was delicious- olipa hyvä. And now, after dinner, I am still tired, but not as much as yesterday. It is getting better everyday and the jetlag is going away slowly. Until tomorrow, moi moi!

The Smaller Grocery Store
Making
Finnish lihapulla's
Emil and Inka
No comments:
Post a Comment