Happy Fourth of July!!! Today has been really weird since it is the 1st time I've ever been out of the US for the holiday. It's exciting though because the Finns are interested in why we celebrate and it is because, that on this day in 1776, the United States declared its independence from Great Britain. And so, today we celebrated at dinnertime with American cheeseburgers, sour cream & onion chips, and some Finnish sausages. It was nice to sit down and talk just a little bit about why it is a big celebration in the US.
Anyways, we didn't just eat over the whole entire day! Around noon, Jarkko dropped Inka and I off at the Jumbo mall. It was fairly large and reminded me of a mall I had gone to in Bratislava, Slovakia. We window shopped at H&M, Marimekko, Stockmann and others. During lunch, we also ate at Hesburger which is a Finnish chain. It was nice to sit down for awhile and soak in the atmosphere.
My Hesburger Meal
Afterwards, we went in search of some ice cream. We went down to the 1st floor where a Prisma and K Market were located. At Prisma, we bought our ice cream and sat down for awhile. Then after we were finished, we decided a drink sounded nice so we went over to the K Market for some sodas. While I was checking out, the lady asked me in Finnish if I wanted my receipt. I did not know at all what she was saying though at the time so I just stared at her. Needless to say, she gave me my receipt and said "Moi Moi." Inka could not stop laughing because I had been doing the same thing to other salespeople for the past two hours. I just had this confused look on my face until I said something in English. Then they would smile, speak in English, and tell me "Have a nice day." All I can say is that I need to learn more Finnish!
Yummy!
Soon after that, we finished up our shopping and returned home with Jarkko where we needed to get ready for tumbling open gym. Inka had invited me to go tumble with her in Jarvenpaa and I accepted. It was nice to work on my roundoff backhandsprings which I hadn't done in awhile. Also, speaking of tumbling, I've been working on the trampoline in the backyard and I can still do my layout, back flip, and front flip. I am still freaking out!!! I'm sorry I just have to mention this because I thought I had lost the skill back when I was 14. So we were at the open gym for almost two hours and it was kuuma!
After Tumbling Practice
When we arrived home from tumbling, Jarkko and Nina got dinner started. So Inka and I went outside and jumped on the trampoline for awhile trying to do a cartwheel with no hands. No luck for me, but Inka got it down a couple of times. Fortunately, I did not hurt myself at all either. As we continued, dinner was ready in a short time. We enjoyed it a lot and relaxed after. Now, it is time for me to get some rest. Hei Hei and Happy 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment