Thursday, July 12, 2012

There's Something About Finnish Food

Really, Finnish food is quite exquisite! At first, whenever I thought of the food, pickled herring popped into my head. But, after dining on Finnish food for awhile now, I know that they do not eat herring all the time. They love their fish (lots of salmon) and they love their bread which suits me quite well.

Anyways, yesterday we went to Jarkko's mother's house to dine on her famous salmon soup. I love salmon so I was very excited about trying it! And just as expected, it was absolutely delicious (Olipa hyvä!!). For dessert, we also got to have raspberry pie and some ice cream. Everything was just so good!

Later that day, we also got to make some Finnish pulla which was an exciting experience. Nina mixed all of the ingredients together and then let the yeast rise for awhile before we could begin kneading the dough. Then Inka and I set off to make two kinds of pulla. I had never made bread before so it was really neat to see how you had to prepare everything. I will most definitely be attempting to make it when I get home!

Making the 2nd kind of pulla


Pulla #2 after baking





Pulla #1


Rilla waiting for some pulla

No comments:

Post a Comment