Thursday, August 16, 2012

Suomenlinna

A little over a week ago, we all went to Suomenlinna the day after we got back from the summer cottage. We left in the afternoon to go to Helsinki and bought our tickets for the ferry. While we were waiting, I got to shop at the market again! I bought some more souvenirs for myself and my family.

Inka and I shopping

After shopping, we then waited in line to board the ferry. We then proceeded to walk up the stairs to the upper deck so we could enjoy the view. The sun was shining so everything was great! When we got to Suomenlinna, we just walked around. There are lots of magnificent views there! We also walked down to a rocky area where many people were sitting down. We took out two bags of cherries and ate a lot of them. Definitely, a moment I will cherish forever! Inka, Emil, and I also washed our hands in the sea after we were finished and started climbing everywhere. After we were finished there, we started looking for a spot where we could wave to the people on the Silja Line cruise. It was very windy where we went so we decided to look for a new spot. On top of that, we also went through some of the tunnels that are pitch black. I definitely enjoyed my day at Suomenlinna! It was nice to walk around, learn some history, and relax.







No comments:

Post a Comment