Moi everyone! I apologize for the lack of blogging lately, I've been really busy! Anyways, a little more than a week ago, I went to Porvoo to visit another exchange student. Sam and his host family invited me over for the afternoon and I quickly accepted the offer! So that afternoon, my host family drove me to Porvoo which is about a thirty minute drive from Kerava. I met Sam and his family at their house which is just outside Porvoo. It was nice to meet another Finnish family and it was nice to see a familiar face too! Just shortly after my host family left, Sam and I headed off on bikes to the city. It was about a thirty minute bike ride and during that time, we talked about how our summer had been so far. We had so much to talk about because we had been doing a lot. Sam actually went to Lapland for about two weeks and also got to see some of northern Sweden and Norway. It was cool to see how our summers have been spent a little differently. I can't wait to talk to the other exchange students as well and learn about their adventures! Anyways, when we got to the city, we left our bikes near the river and started walking towards the Old Town. We were going to go to the church first and then just walk around after that. On our way, however, we actually ran into my host family. I slowly walked right past them until they finally noticed me. Inka's shocked face was the best! So we took a picture together and then headed on our separate ways.


The Church
And before heading back to his house, we enjoyed some Jattis ice cream and people watching. While sitting on the bench, I also noticed my host family AGAIN! They noticed us to within seconds. It was funny that we ran into them again. Finally, before we left,we also walked by these old red houses that are famous in Porvoo.
So we made it back to the house where I met Sam's host siblings. Before dinner, we got to talk some more with his host parents. We talked about the Dallas Cowboys and football as well. Their son plays American football so they enjoy watching it. They even have a Dallas Cowboys t-shirt! Small world, right? I enjoyed talking with them a lot and when it came time for dinner (some yummy Indian food), we still continued our conversation. After dinner, I got to see some of Sam's pictures from his trip and then we headed off for a walk with his younger sister and their dog. It was nice to enjoy the scenery on the way to the observation deck.
We got back to the house after our walk and enjoyed some ice cream. Shortly afterwards, it was time for me to go back to Kerava. Sam's host family drove me back to my home and I thanked them for letting me come over. Overall, it was a fun day! I'm so glad I went to Porvoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment